Now Hiring RV & Marine Service Writer
RV & Marine Service Writer
This is a full time & year-round position with job availability starting immediately.
Full Time Position
The Service Writer supports the Service Department and is responsible for preparing work orders, ordering parts, receiving parts, stocking parts bins, claiming warranties, and providing exceptional customer service to J&M Camper & Marine Customers.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide our customers with a positive service experience & assure customer satisfaction.
- Schedule, coordinate, and supervise service orders with technicians, from customer drop off to customer pick up.
- Keep detailed, accurate records on service work, warranties, internal billing, etc.
- Ensure that work orders are cashiered in an accurate and timely manner.
- Track warranty work orders and warranty submissions and ensure they are billed and paid in a timely manner.
- Clearly communicate billing, inventory, warranty or customer service issues to the Shop Foreman
- Responsible for walking through the services performed on customer’s boat or RV with each customer.
- Generate additional service work to drive sales and revenue to the service department.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Promote the J&M Camper & Marine brand and other product offerings.
- Other tasks required by manager.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Mechanical: Able to understand the basic mechanical and electrical systems on watercraft and RV’s and communicate issues to employees and customers.
- Selling: ability to promote and sell the service centers products and services with a full understanding of what each product does and is, in order to communicate that with customers
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Education/Experience: High school diploma required.
- 1-year sales, service or parts in watersports or RV experience preferred
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office experience required and the ability to learn dealership management system.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Based on experience.
$14.00 to $18.00 Hr.
- Store Discounts
- Monday to Friday
- Saturday (Half Day)
- 45-52 hours weekly